Identifying accounts in an Annual Report
Have you completed the Main Content of Module 5 and reviewed all Resources provided? You will need the information provided to you in the Module to answer the following questions.
What you’ll need
To complete this exercise, you will need:
Use what you have learnt in Module 5 to answer the following questions and identify the correct amounts in the CIMIC Group Annual Report.
To open the CIMIC Group Annual Report –
- Click here to download the Report.
- Scroll down to page 144 of the Report, statement of “Consolidated Statement of Cash Flows”.
Make sure you have Module 5 Main Content and the Report in front of you whilst completing the following questions:
- Looking at the Consolidated Statement of Cash Flows in the CIMIC Group Annual Report, what is the 2019 cash and cash equivalents at the reporting date?
- In your own words, explain the purpose of a Statement of Cash Flows.
- Looking at the Consolidated Statement of Cash Flows in the CIMIC Group Annual Report, what is the 2019 payments for intangibles?
- Find the definition of an intangible (refer s 14(b) QFMR & AASB 138) and give two examples of an intangible asset.
- Looking at the Cash Flows statement in the CIMIC Group Annual Report, what is the 2019 loans to associates and joint ventures?
- Outline three requirements that have been introduced under the new QMFR for a loan made to a “related entity” to be included as an asset. Why have the QMFR introduced these changes?
Once you have answered each question, take a few minutes to have a look at the CIMIC Group Annual Report. Click here for answers to questions 1, 3 and 5. Refer to Module 5 Main Content or check in with your Coaches if you need assistance.